Vlakwa bundles various (water) actors in Flanders and has as operational objectives:
1. initiate needs and new-value chain detection and associated innovations and projects;
2. support the cooperation in applied, complementary, and demand-driven research & development & innovation activities as an intermediary;
3. initiate and support demonstration projects;
4. to collect and disseminate national and international water knowledge and experience, and to support their valorisation;
5. provide and coordinate strategic advice support
6. identifying and creating new opportunities for innovation within European and international programs;
7. to set up partnerships on innovation and valorisation.