The activity aims globally at maturing the cultivar selection method and prepare the work plan for the characterisation/selection work.
To fulfil this purpose, the following objectives shall be met:
- Critically review the crop cultivar selection methodology
- Define the crops set of needs along the crop life cycle, including the crop rhizosphere microbial functions
- Define the generic and specific crop culture conditions, including the possible microbial composition of the rhizosphere
- Select and test the microbial consortium/organism at functional level and evaluate its impact on crop growth performance
- Validate by test the selected culture conditions and evaluate the crop performances in those conditions
- Define the future work