01 October 2022 → 30 September 2026
Regional and community funding: Special Research Fund
- Motivation and emotion
- Mathematics and numeracy curriculum and pedagogics
- Secondary education
- Methodology of pedagogical and educational research
Test-taking motivation Low-stakes educational research Self-Determination Theory Achievement Goal Theory
There is a need for a comprehensive approach to test-taking motivation that attends participants' motives and goals. This research aims to:
(1) Offer a methodological, conceptual alternative with a new instrument as unique predictor of testperformance.
(2) Investigate characteristics that influence test-taking motivation and test-performance on Central Assessments.
(3) Determine how schools influence test-taking motivation by framing Central Assessments.