A succesfull take-off of Energy Communities (EC's) in the 2-Seas region. The new LEC-option in legislation gets adopted by the stakeholders, the market and energy consumers to create energy synergies and cooperation models. This will lead to unlocking extra potential of mid-scale sustainable energy (large solar PV, CHP, district heating, microgrids, storage, wind...) shared in the EC's. The acceptance and adoption of sustainable energy technologies increases with businesses, citizens and/or organisations. Carbon redudtion via more sustainable energy production.
- Knowledge building with 640 potential EC-stakeholders and decision makers reached with the knowledge platform
- 8 lighthouse demonstration projects throughout the 2-Seas region with a different scope.
- €30 MLN investments triggered via the lighthouse demonstrators
- 15.000 MWh renewable energy production per year by the 8 lighthouse projects
- 3.750 tCO2 savings per year by the 8 lighthouse projects