Th aim of the research is:
Organization of a steering committee for cooperation and coordination around this project
- Application for ethical approval and recruitment of schools and parents
- Registration of the contents of the lunch boxes and analysis of the collected data
- Mapping of strategies/interventions at home and abroad regarding the accessibility and availability of school meals for people in socially vulnerable situations, paying attention to (cost) effectiveness, success factors, bottlenecks and preconditions
- Mapping the accessibility of school meals for people in socially vulnerable situations
- Writing a report with a presentation of the results and recommendations for possible strategies to be applied in Flanders.
The research provides data on the composition of the lunch box of children in Flemish elementary school (6 to 12 years), the influencing factors of the contents of the lunch box and finally a final report with recommendations of possible interventions and strategies for Flanders.