01 January 2019 → 31 December 2019
Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO)
- Number theory
- Approximations and expansions
- Functions of a complex variable
- Harmonic analysis on Euclidean spaces
- Measure and integration
- Real functions
prime numbers Beurling
The goal of this researrch project is to make significant progress in the understanding of three
remarkable open problems about Beurling generalized primes and integers. These questions are
• The quest for a general abstract prime number theorem.
• The Malliavin second problem on the error term in the approximation of the asymptotic density of
Beurling generalized integers.
• Does the prime number theorem implies in general the mean-value vanishing of the Möbius