The seven specific research questions are:
- What are the current management practices implemented by beekeepers and what are the corresponding recordedmortality rates?
- Are certain beekeeping management practices more correlated with bee mortality than other?
- How to develop a reporting system (scores) to systematically record the beekeeping management practices?
- Can we design an online check list system for recording beekeeping practices (Bee Best Check), evaluate them automatically and suggest aspects for improvement tailored to each beekeeper (self-assessment system accountingthe specific situation of each beekeeper)?
- What are the determinants that induce the beekeeper choice for a management method over another? (Sociological analysis)
- For a selection of beekeepers, can we demonstrate that changed beekeeping practices may influence the overall score and consequently the bee mortality?
- What recommendations can be deduced for good beekeeping practices to reduce the bee mortality in Belgium?