01 October 2013 → 28 October 2017
Regional and community funding: Special Research Fund
- Analytical chemistry
- Other chemical sciences
Medical and health sciences
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Pharmaceutical analysis and quality assurance
Agricultural and food sciences
- Agricultural animal production
- Agriculture, land and farm management
- Biotechnology for agriculture, forestry, fisheries and allied sciences
- Fisheries sciences
- Food sciences and (bio)technology
maize risk management mycotoxins risk assesment Zimbabwe
* Overview of mycotoxin occurrence in subsistence farmed maize from Zimbabwe.
* Risk evaluation of aflatoxin B1 and fumonisin B1 exposure through the consumption of subsistence
farmed maize and maize products.
* Overview of the subsistence farming and post-harvest practices and their effect on mycotoxin
contamination in maize grain.
* Recommendations for a regulatory framework for mycotoxin contamination in food.